NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside the 50 U.S. and D.C., and where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. (including D.C.) at least 18 years old or the age of majority, whichever is greater, as of 10/22/13. Begins 10/22/13 at 12:00:01 p.m. ET and ends 11/20/13 at 11:59 p.m. ET. 30 Grand Prizes (Max. ARV $4,082 each). Total Max. ARV of all prizes: $111,510. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by the end of each day. For full Official Rules, prize descriptions, and eligibility details, visit www.30bedsin30days.com//rules. Sponsor: Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott Rewards® 30 Beds in 30 DaysSM Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Sweepstakes begins on October 22, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on November 20, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Entry Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Marriott Rewards® 30 Beds in 30 Days Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who, as of October 22, 2013, are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence, whichever is greater. Employees, officers, and directors of Marriott International, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates ("Administrator"), Salt Communications or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Marriott International, Inc., 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Entry Period, visit www.30bedsin30days.com; log-in with Facebook Connect; ‘Like’ Marriott Rewards® on Facebook; and complete all required fields of the on-screen registration form, including providing your full name, email address and certification of your eligibility and agreement to the Official Rules to receive one (1) entry into that day’s (as defined below) and all subsequent days’ (if any) Grand Prize random drawings. To be included in the last day’s Grand Prize random drawing, entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on November 20, 2013. To enter without a Facebook account, hand print your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth and email address on a 3" x 5" piece of paper or on the printable entry form, insert it into an envelope, affix postage and mail it to: Marriott Rewards® 30 Beds in 30 Days Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7814, Melville, NY 11775-7814 to receive one (1) entry into that day’s (as defined below) and all subsequent days’ (if any) Grand Prize random drawings. Entries must be received within seven (7) days after the postmark date to be included in that day’s (as defined below) and all subsequent days’ (if any) Grand Prize random drawings. Entries must be postmarked by November 20, 2013 and received by November 27, 2013, to be eligible for the final Grand Prize random drawing. Mechanically reproduced or photocopied mailed entries are automatically void. Incomplete entries are void. Entries will be carried forward to subsequent days’ Grand Prize random drawings (if any). For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each calendar day and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET the same calendar day, with the exception of the first day of the Entry Period, which will begin at 12:00 p.m. ET on October 22, 2013 and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 22, 2013.
No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules or on the Fan Page listed above, will be disclosed. Online entries must be received each day by 11:59 p.m. ET to be included in that day’s and all subsequent days’ Grand Prize random drawings (if any). Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, damaged or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. Selection of Winners: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received/postmarked by the end of each day of the Entry Period, for a total of thirty (30) Grand Prize winners selected in thirty (30) separate random drawings. The odds of winning a Grand Prize are based on the number of eligible entries received/postmarked by the end of each day.
Potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be sent (via email) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) (“Affidavit”) and will be required to compete, sign and return Affidavit via mail within seven (7) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received/postmarked by the end of the applicable day. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received/postmarked for each day.
All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. Prizes: Grand Prize: Thirty (30) Grand Prizes will be awarded [one (1) per day of the Entry Period]. Each Grand Prize consists of the winner’s choice of one (1) of three (3) Sponsor-specified Marriott® bed packages (described below) in winner’s choice of bed size (California King, King or Queen) and services of a Sponsor-specified bed concierge will be available to facilitate the selection of winner’s bed package and the delivery of winner’s selected bed package. The Sponsor-specified Marriott® bed packages are:
Option 1: Marriott® Bird’s Eye Stripe Package– Package includes:
Option 2: Marriott® Block Print Package – Package includes:
Option 3: Marriott® Frameworks Package - Package includes:
Reference chart below for Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) of each bed package in each bed size.
|Bird's Eye Stripe - California King Ensemble||$3,702.00|
|Bird's Eye Stripe - King Ensemble||$3,652.00|
|Bird's Eye Stripe - Queen Ensemble||$3,289.00|
|Block Print - California King Ensemble||$3,667.00|
|Block Print - King Ensemble||$3,617.00|
|Block Print - Queen Ensemble||$3,244.00|
|Frameworks - California King Ensemble||$3,717.00|
|Frameworks - King Ensemble||$3,667.00|
|Frameworks - Queen Ensemble||$3,284.00|
All elements in each package are Sponsor-specified. The maximum ARV of a Grand Prize is $3,717. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: maximum of $111,510, depending on bed packages and sizes selected by winners. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per person and per household.
Prize Restrictions: Each element of each Grand Prize package, including the availability of the Sponsor bed concierge, is subject to availability. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize becomes unavailable.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, videotape the delivery of a Bed Package to any winner (“Video”). Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winners. Sponsor will not replace stolen or lost prizes after delivery to winner. Each Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value prize.
6. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, applicable prizes will be awarded in separate random drawings from among all eligible entries received/postmarked by each day prior to cancellation. Sponsor, Administrator and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the Fan Page, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the applicable prizes at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received/postmarked by each day up to the time of the impairment.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Administrator, Salt Communications, Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER'S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, VIDEO (IF APPLICABLE)AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES AND VIDEOS IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
9. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland or the appropriate State Court located in Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
11. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.30bedsin30days.com//rules. For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after December 18, 2013, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Marriott Rewards® 30 Beds in 30 Days Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. ES), Melville, NY 11747. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information Marriott International, Inc. and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Sweepstakes or in connection with promotional or other activities of Marriott International, Inc.
Marriott International, Inc. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2013 Marriott International. Marriott® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Marriott International, Inc. or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Having trouble with the sweepstakes? Contact Technical Support.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Marriott International, Inc. and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Sweepstakes or in connection with promotional or other activities of Marriott International, Inc. Official Rules.
© 1996 - 2013 Marriott International, Inc. All rights reserved. Marriott proprietary information